pn junction Diode
A P-N junction is like a border between two different types of materials inside a semiconductor. These materials are called p-type and n-type.
To create a P-N junction in a semiconductor, we use a process called doping. On one side of the semiconductor, called the p-side or positive side, there are extra holes. On the other side, called the n-side or negative side, there are extra electrons. Doping is explained in more detail in the next part.
Application of pn junction Diode are following
- In computer digital logic circuits, diodes are utilized as switches.
- It is used as a switch in digital logic designs.
- It is used in detector and demodulator circuits.
- It is used in clamping circuits in TV receivers as well as voltage multipliers.
- It is used as a rectifier in DC power supply manufacturing.
- When using optical communications, laser diodes are employed.
- Digital displays use Light light-emitting diodes (LEDs).
|Analog and Memory Layout Design Forum|
|Physical Layout Design Forum|
|RTL & Verilog Design Forum|
|Analog Layout Design Interview Questions||Memory Design Interview Questions|
|Physical Design Interview Questions||Verilog Interview Questions|
|Digital Design Interview Questions||STA Interview Questions|