What is a Bypass Capacitor?
In order to allow AC signals to pass through the emitter resistor in an amplifier circuit, a bypass capacitor is added to the design. This basically takes it out of the output gain equation, increasing the AC gain of the amplifier.
Bypass Capacitor Functions
- Bypass capacitors serve two primary functions
- Short high-frequency noise to ground.
- Act as current reservoirs.
- The fan-out of power pins involves connecting the power pins of an integrated circuit (IC) to the power plane using bypass capacitors.
- Three basic methods for fan-out are described.
|Analog and Memory Layout Design Forum|
|Physical Layout Design Forum|
|RTL & Verilog Design Forum|
|Analog Layout Design Interview Questions||Memory Design Interview Questions|
|Physical Design Interview Questions||Verilog Interview Questions|
|Digital Design Interview Questions||STA Interview Questions|