What is the role of ERC in VLSI
ERC stands for Electrical Rule Check.
It checks all possibilities of Electrical connection between all layers according to the technology node.
Reasons for ERC check.
- If we short the output
- It checks any Floating devices, gates, pins, and nets
- If any input is left unconnected,
- Floating wells
- If any gates are connected directly to supplies,
- If the design includes any possible ESD damage, etc.
- Connecting high voltages to the thin gates
- Minimum n-well widths
- Any floating layers
- Wrong overlap of P-plus or N-plus
|Analog and Memory Layout Design Forum|
|Physical Layout Desing Forum|
|RTL & Verilog Design Forum|
|Analog Layout Design Interview Questions||Memory Design Interview Questions|
|Physical Design Interview Questions||Verilog Interview Questions|
|Digital Design Interview Questions||STA Interview Questions|