Difference Between FinFET and MOSFET
Following is the Difference Between FinFET and MOSFET,
- Unlike MOSFETs, which are two-dimensional devices, FinFETs are three-dimensional.
- In FinFET we are using a double pattern, while in the planner, it’s not necessary.
- Unlike MOSFETs, which have a flat channel, FinFETs feature a “fin” structure that forms the channel.
- Compared to MOSFETs, FinFETs have a higher gate-to-source voltage (VGS).
- FinFETs use less electricity because their gate capacitance is lower than that of MOSFETs.
- More thermally stable than MOSFETs are FinFETs.
- FinFETs are more suited for use in sub-10 nm technology nodes than MOSFETs because they exhibit better short-channel performance.
Compared to MOSFETs, FinFETs have a higher resistance to subthreshold leakage current.
- Compared to MOSFETs, FinFETs have a larger drive current.
- FinFET Fabrication is more difficult than MOSFET fabrication.
- FinFET production costs are greater than MOSFET production costs.
|Analog and Memory Layout Design Forum|
|Physical Layout Design Forum|
|RTL & Verilog Design Forum|
|Analog Layout Design Interview Questions||Memory Design Interview Questions|
|Physical Design Interview Questions||Verilog Interview Questions|
|Digital Design Interview Questions||STA Interview Questions|