Analog IC Layout Interview Questions
In the Analog IC Layout Interview, will ask you mostly basics like how much you understand about the VLSI flows, Fabrication processes, Matching, and Failure mechanisms. There are some basic questions are there in the following lines,
- What is meant by Fins?
- Analog Layout Design Mastery: Expert Tips and Tricks
- How do you choose power metal?
- What are the ways to reduce Metal resistance?
- Explain the operation of the NMOS Transistor.
- Latch-Up Prevention Techniques
- Advantages of Shielding in Analog Layout
- What are the inputs of LVS?
- Via doubling can help to stem yield loss
- Metal Semiconductor Contact
- What is Analog Layout
- How many vias you will use and how it will help to reduce resistance?
- What is meant by contact and via?
- What is Dynamic Power?
- Optical Proximity Correction (OPC) in VLSI
- Double Patterning Technology Fabrication Process
- Dishing and Erosion in Chemical Mechanical Planarization (CMP)
- How do you calculate metal width and length?
- Transistor Second-Order Effects
- The Number of Metal Layers in Layout Design
- What is channel length modulation
- How you will identify Analog and Digital layouts?
- What is Threshold voltage?
- What are subthreshold leakages?
- What is the role of ERC in VLSI?
- What is GDS file
- Wet Etching vs. Dry Etching: A Comparative Analysis
- What is the hot-electron effect?
- How you can match resistor & capacitor layouts?
- No place to add a diode and jumper what you will do?
- From where accumulated charges are coming?
- What is WPE, LOD & STI? Explain with a diagram.
- Thermal Oxidation: Understanding the Formation and Processes
- How will jumper and diode help?
- Explain shielding. Types of shielding? What are the signals you will do shielding and why?
- Where is the discharge path?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Common centroid & interdigitated patterns?
- What are STD cells? How you will decide the height of STD cells?
- Draw the diagram of INV, NAND, and OR gates.
- What is meant by a pitch?
- Depletion Mode of MOSFET
- How to improve the match of the current mirror, differential pairs
- What is matching? Types of matching and explain one by one? What will happen if not doing matching?
- What are dummy Transistors?
- Where you will connect shielded lines and why? Without shielding what will happen?
- Describe the Electromigration effect. & ways to reduce Electromigration during layouts?
- What is meant by Latch-up? What is the solution to solve latch-up issues? How you will take care of it while doing the layout?
- What is Deep N-well guarding?
- What is meant by antenna? what is the solution to reduce the antenna effect in the layout?
- What is meant by Track?
- Describe DFM.
- What is ESD? how you will fix ESD problems in the layout?
- What is a Programmable Logic Device
|Analog and Memory Layout Design Forum|
|Physical Layout Design Forum|
|RTL & Verilog Design Forum|
|Analog Layout Design Interview Questions||Memory Design Interview Questions|
|Physical Design Interview Questions||Verilog Interview Questions|
|Digital Design Interview Questions||STA Interview Questions|